Friday, April 27, 2007

Browser Tools

I already had Firefox installed at home so it was no problem to add it at work. I had never tried the add-ons before, so this was new territory. I tried changing the theme on my at-work computer but it would not take. I repeated the process at home with the same results. While installing an add-on I once again restarted Firefox, and to my surprise there was the new theme. I now have Aluminium Kai 2 on my PC (YESSS!!!).

I browsed the list of add-ons and chose the following which I installed:

  • FoxyTunes - finds lyrics, videos, etc. and allows user to control many media players
  • StumbleUpon - is a social networking app. The user picks an interesting catagory and then clicks the Stumble! button. This takes you to random sites in the same area of interest. This can be very addictive.

I also added MORRIS Bookmarklets to my favourites. This should come in handy when doing searches.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Sweet! congrats on finishing up the programme! best,
a.