Sunday, April 22, 2007

Gaming

I've been interested in computer games since the days of Atari and the Commodore 64 (I'm dating myself, aren't I?). I played arcade games but never responded well to timed-play and impending threat of death. The only one I mastered was a great game called "Aztec Challenge". My real passion was text-based games, where I would spend hours trying to solve mysteries and try to survive. As computer games advanced and I upgraded my computer, I became addicted to Sim City and Myst.

With the advent of the internet, I drifted away from computer-based games and started playing games on the internet. I now gravitate to online jigsaw puzzles, trivia, logic and board games. My favourite is "Daily Mahjong". It changes daily and has three levels of play. The graphics are well-done and are holiday-themed at appropriate times of the year. You can play this game at:
http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/dailymahjong.jsp . I also like playing "Bookworm".

No comments: