Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Librarything.com

Back when we started Learning 2.0@Mac, my first blog dealt with a new free program I found called Librarything. Last week I inadvertently deleted it from my blog. I noticed that it came up as one of the activities for week 8 so hope that many of you have taken the opportunity to investigate it.

For those of you who haven't it is well worth the look. Librarything is a social catalogue that allows you to catalogue your book collection (free for up to 200 books), and maintain reading and wish lists. You can keep your catalogue private or go public allowing others with similar interests to see your collection.

When you add books to your list, you can search Amazon, the Library of Congress and other libraries from around the world for cataloguing information. When you locate the right book and edition you are provided with all of the bibliographic information as well as LC and Dewey classifications. You can also add your own tags.

My first posts can be viewed at librarything.com. Click on the search button and under "search users" type in "motherthing".

No comments: