Saturday, April 21, 2007

Del.ici.ous

I'm still undecided about del.ici.ous and Google searches. I did a search on “science fiction alternate history” in both.

Del.ici.ous came up with 33 hits and Google came up with 5,820,000. The site that I expected to be at the top of both was “Uchronia, the Alternate History List”. It appeared at the top of the del.ici.ous list and eighteenth on Google. Other important sites like the Ultimate Science Fiction Web Guide, however, did not appear in Del.ici.ous. Google gave me the Wikipedia article for alternate history at the top of the list, but del.ici.ous did not list this site at all. It did list several other Wikipedia sites for subgenres.

I looked at the content of the del.ici.ous entries for this search and was not really impressed. I got more solid information from Google.

No comments: